UPDATED DEADLINE - Submissions now due Friday, August 28
We encourage prospective participants to submit position papers (limit of 2 pages, not counting references; no format prescribed) on topics related to RSE issues, including (but not limited to):
- Career paths: how do RSEs want to be hired, promoted and evaluated?
- Building RSE organizations: how to find RSEs in your country/region and how to motivate them to join the network and engage?
- Supporting RSE organizations: what can be done to help RSEs (and those supporting RSEs) at international, national, regional, and local levels?
- Making the business case for RSEs and RSE groups: evidence, case studies, tactics?
- How do we want funders to support RSE roles and activities?
- Building in RSE requirements as part of wider research infrastructure
- Providing mentoring and training for RSEs
These papers will not be part of the SC proceedings, but will be made available to workshop participants prior to the workshop. Some submitters will be invited to present their papers at the workshop as lightning talks or to participate as panelists where appropriate.
We also welcome proposals for discussion topics. Proposals should consist of a short paragraph describing a problem or issue relevant to RSEs that could be useful to discuss in the workshop. Some of these proposals will be chosen to guide the two discussion sessions in the program. The title of discussion topic proposals should start with “Discussion topic:”.
We particularly encourage submissions from first-time conference presenters, and from members of groups that have historically been underrepresented in the HPC community.
Papers and discussion topics should be submitted using the EasyChair link below. The deadline for submissions is Friday,
August 14 August 28, 2020, at 11:59 PM AoE (UTC-12).
We will ask the authors of accepted submissions to self-publish their submissions (after revisions, if they so choose) to an archival repository (e.g. Zenodo, figshare, OSF). Our website will then provide links to those self-published documents.
Submission website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rsehpc2020
Timeline (UPDATED 8/14)
- Submissions open: Monday, June 29, 2020
- Submissions due: Friday, August 28, 2020 (was August 14)
- Notifications sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 (was September 11)
- Program finalized: Friday, October 16, 2020 (was October 2)
- Workshop date: Thursday, November 12, 2020
Contact the organizers: sc-ws-rse-hpc (at-sign) info.supercomputing.org