We encourage prospective participants to submit position papers (limit of 2 pages, not counting references; no format prescribed) on topics related to RSE issues. We particularly encourage submissions on the keynote topic:
- Do RSEs need to change for exascale?
Other possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Career paths: how do RSEs want to be hired, promoted and evaluated?
- Building RSE organizations: how to find RSEs in your country/region and how to motivate them to join the network and engage?
- Supporting RSE organizations: what can be done to help RSEs (and those supporting RSEs) at international, national, regional, and local levels?
- Making the business case for RSEs and RSE groups: evidence, case studies, tactics?
- How do we want funders to support RSE roles and activities?
- Building in RSE requirements as part of wider research infrastructure
- Providing mentoring and training for RSEs
These papers will not be part of the SC proceedings, but we will ask the authors of accepted submissions to self-publish their submissions (after revisions, if they so choose) to an archival repository (e.g. Zenodo, figshare, OSF). Our website will then provide links to those self-published documents. Some submitters will be invited to present their papers at the workshop as lightning talks or to participate as panelists where appropriate.
We particularly encourage submissions from first-time conference presenters, and from members of groups that have historically been underrepresented in the HPC community.
Papers should be submitted using the link below. The deadline for submissions is Friday, August 6, 2021, at 11:59 PM AoE (UTC-12).
- Submissions open: Monday, June 7, 2021
- Submissions due: Friday, August 6, 2021 - NO EXTENSIONS
- Notifications sent: Friday, September 3, 2021
- Program finalized: Friday, September 17, 2021
- Workshop date: Monday, November 15, 2021
Contact the organizers: sc-ws-rse-hpc (at-sign) info.supercomputing.org