Following the success of the 2021 US-RSE Virtual Workshop, we decided to host another virtual event this year. The 2022 US-RSE Virtual Workshop will be held on two non-consecutive half days: September 14 and 16, 2022, 1-4pm ET/12-3pm CT/10am-1pm PT.
The theme of the workshop is “Make it happen! Towards a diverse and sustainable future!” The workshop will feature talks, community events, and working group sessions. It will be held via Zoom and some parts, such as the talks, will be recorded and available after the workshop via the US-RSE YouTube channel. The workshop will be free but registration will be required.
- July 17, 2022, 11:59 HST: Deadline for abstract submission and reviewer application
- August 15, 2022: Notification of Acceptance
- September 14 and 16, 2022: 2022 US-RSE Virtual Workshop
Call for Proposals
We invite submissions for the 2022 US-RSE Virtual Workshop to be held virtually on two non-consecutive days: September 14 and 16, 2022. The theme of this year’s workshop will be “Make it happen! Towards a diverse and sustainable future!” Suggested submission topics include but are not limited to: presentations of tools with focus on collaboration, re-usability and reproducibility, presentations about RSE teams, career paths, training, management, and community. The following types of proposals can be submitted:
- Talks: 15 min presentations plus 5 minute questions. Please submit abstracts of no more than 500 words.
- Breakout discussion topics: topics to be discussed by participants in breakout sessions. This can be anything of interest to the community, such as proposals for new working groups, initiatives within the community, or issues related to the RSE profession. Please submit a short summary (no more than 200 words) about the suggested topic, questions to be discussed, and envisioned outcomes of the breakout session.
Submission deadline is July 17, 2022, 11:59 HST. Submission instructions will follow shortly.
Call for Reviewers
We are looking for reviewers for the 2022 US-RSE Virtual Workshop. If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please fill out the following form by July 17, 2022. Each reviewer will be assigned 2 to 3 submissions to review with about a week time to complete the reviews. Submissions are abstracts of 200 words or 500 words, depending on whether authors submit for presentations or breakout sessions.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.