- Dates: October 16-18, 2023
- Location: University of Illinois in Chicago – Student Center East – 750 S. Halsted, Chicago, IL 60607
- ADA Accessibility
- Elevators available to all floors of Student Center East
- If special accommodations are required, please contact the organizers at email@example.com
- Gender Inclusive Resources
- Gender neutral facilities: 2nd and 8th Floor of Student Center East
- Lactation room: Rooms 243B and 243C of Commuter Student Resource Center
With the sponsorship of various organizations such as the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, a limited number of student and early career travel grants, as well as dependent care grants, are available to assist applicants in attending US-RSE’23.
Please use this form to enter all the relevant information to apply for a travel or dependent care grant. We will review the applications based on the information provided in this form and notify the recipients in due time. Priority will be given to those having an accepted submission at the US-RSE’23 conference and to enhance the diversity of participants.
Travel grant awardees will be reimbursed for up to $2500 for their travel, and/or registration, and/or accommodation as per the guidelines upon producing suitable bills for the same. Dependent care grant awardees will be reimbursed up to $500 upon providing dependent care receipts. We can retract funding if recipients do not adhere to the grant rules.
As per the rules:
- The awardee must attend all conference sessions throughout its entire duration of 3 days.
- The awardee must check in at the registration desk each day of the conference.
- The awardees will be required to volunteer at the conference as per instructions issued later.
- Student travel grant awardees must also participate in the mentorship sessions organized during the conference.
- Travel grant awardees must register for the conference by the Early Registration deadline.
- Grant Form Opens: August 8, 2023
- Submission deadline for Grant Form: September 4, 2023
- Award Notification selection: September 6, 2023
We have contracted with several different hotels to provide special rates for US-RSE’23.
Hyatt House Chicago West Loop/Fulton Market
The special room rate will be available until September 25th, 2023, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
- Address: 105 North May Street, Chicago, IL 60607 (1.2 miles away)
- Phone: 866-974-9288
- Online Booking Link: Booking Link
- Group Name: UIC First US-RSE Conference Room Block
- Group Code: G-UICF
- Group Rate: $279 (+ applicable taxes and fees)
Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop: SOLD OUT
The special room rate is SOLD OUT. You can still book but will not be able to use the group code.
- Address: 25 South Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60661 (0.6 miles away)
- Phone: 312-829-5000
Other Nearby Hotels
- The Hoxton Chicago - 200 N Green St, Chicago, IL 60607 (1.0 miles away)
- Hotel Emily – 311 N Morgan St, Chicago, IL 60607 (1.3 miles away)
- Palmer House Hilton – 17 E Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603 (1.6 miles away)
Chicagoland Airport Information
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- CTA Blue Line, get off at Halsted & Polk – Live Google Map Directions
- Midway International Airport (MDW)
- CTA Orange Line, to South Halsted St – Live Google Map Directions
Driving Directions to Student Center East
Venue Address: 750 South Halsted Street – Chicago‚ Illinois 60607
From the north/O’Hare Airport: Take the Kennedy Expressway‚ I-90 east. Continue on the Kennedy to the Dan Ryan‚ I-90/94 east. Exit at Taylor. Turn right (west) and travel one block to the intersection of Taylor and Halsted. Turn right (north) onto Halsted and travel one-half block.
From the west: Take the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) to the Racine Avenue exit. Turn right (south) to Harrison Street. Turn left (east) onto Harrison and proceed to Halsted. Turn right (south) and go one block.
From the east: Take Harrison Street west to Halsted Street and turn (left) south into the campus.
From the south: Take the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94) and exit on Roosevelt Road. Tuen left (west) on Roosevelt Road to Halsted Street; then turn right (north) on Halsted Street to the campus.
For all events taking place in Student Center East, parking is available in the Halsted and Taylor Street Parking Structure (760 West Taylor Street). The entrance to this parking structure is on Taylor Street. Upon entry, guests should take a ticket and upon exit, guests should present this ticket to the cashier and pay the appropriate total (cash, debit cards, credit cards are accepted at this lot).
Cost is $15 for the day.
UIC is easily reached by public transportation. The CTA provides many lines that connect and get you to many destinations in the city. The Blue Line has a UIC – Halsted stop, located about one block north of the Student Center East.
Metra Stations are a short walk or cab/Uber/Lyft ride. These trains come in from the suburbs as well. Union Station is the nearby train station (estimated distance is 0.6 miles).
For detailed directions using CTA‚ Metra‚ or Pace‚ please visit the RTA Chicago website.
If you are looking for a nearby childcare center during the conference, Bright Horizons at Illinois Medical District offers drop-in child daycare.
Bright Horizons at Illinois Medical District