US-RSE Conference 2023: Software Enabled Discovery and Beyond
October 16-18th, 2023, Chicago, ILCountdown
But what is an RSE?
We like an inclusive definition of Research Software Engineers (RSEs) to encompass those who regularly use expertise in programming to advance research. This includes researchers who spend a significant amount of time programming, full-time software engineers writing code to solve research problems, and those somewhere in-between. We aspire to apply the skills and practices of software development to research to create more robust, manageable, and sustainable research software. Read more on the US-RSE website.
The theme of this year’s conference will be "Software Enabled Discovery and Beyond." As such, topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Discovery enabled by software
- Architectures, frameworks, libraries, and technology trends
- Research data management
- Support for scalability and data-driven methods
- Improving the reproducibility of research
- Usability, portals, workflows, and tools
- Sustainability, security, and stability
- Software engineering approaches supporting research
- Community engagement
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for RSEs and in RSEng
- Training and workforce development
- Building an RSE profession
Submission Website: EasyChair
- Submissions open: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Workshops, Tutorials, and BoF submissions due: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- Papers / Notebooks due: Monday, May 15, 2023 - FINAL EXTENSION
- Poster / Talk abstracts due: Monday, June 19, 2023
- Conference Date: October 16-18, 2023, Chicago, IL
Contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.