Added in early 2022, we wanted an ability to provide easy ways to automate specific events, or subscribe to them. For the reason, we added pages/feeds which includes:
- RSS feeds for different kinds of content, and
- equivalent JSON feeds for the same.
The rss feeds are intended to be subscribed to by an appropriate service, while the JSON API is more suitable for a client tool.
RSS (xml) Feeds:
For each RSS feed, we provide the latest 100 items.
- https://us-rse.org/feed.xml: subscribe to posts on the US-RSE site
- https://us-rse.org/feeds/events.xml: subscribe to US-RSE events, including descriptions, locations, times, publication date, and categories (e.g., working groups or content types).
- https://us-rse.org/feeds/newsletters.xml: subscribe to a subset of newsletter posts
- https://us-rse.org/feeds/dei.xml: subscribe to DEI working group events
- https://us-rse.org/feeds/jobs.xml: subscribe to latest non-expired jobs
- https://us-rse.org/feeds/member-counts.xml: subscribe to monthly member total counts
JSON feeds are not limited in number, and we can provide this until a single page is not reasonable to load.
- https://us-rse.org/api/posts.json: json list of US-RSE posts, all types
- https://us-rse.org/api/events.json: json list of US-RSE events
- https://us-rse.org/api/newsletters.json: json list of US-RSE newsletters
- https://us-rse.org/api/dei.json: json list of dei events
- https://us-rse.org/api/jobs.json: json list of non-expired jobs
- https://us-rse.org/api/member-counts.json: json list of monthly membership total count